Friday, March 26, 2010

06/26/03 Neil Young & Crazy Horse @ Madison Square Garden, New York, NY

This was my first time seeing a concert at The World's Most Famous Arena and my only time seeing the great Neil Young.

My dad treated us to some floor seats, which was probably my most expensive concert experience.

This was in support of Neil's Greendale album, a rock opera which tells the story of the Green family and their life and times in a small fictional California seaside town.

For the live show, they incorporated actors and a full stage set, so this was one of the more lavishly produced spectacles I've witnessed. It was akin to a Broadway production.

The band played the album in full and encored with the classics "Rockin' in the Free World" and "Hey Hey, My My." Unfortunately, we had to leave early so that the car wouldn't end up locked in the parking garage overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment