Saturday, March 27, 2010

03/18/04 Dark Star Orchestra @ Mexicali Blues, Teaneck, NJ

12-01-1973 Boston Music Hall, Boston, MA; w/one drummer (Dino)
Set 1: Promised, Sugaree, Mexicali, Tennessee Jed, L. L. Rain, China Cat> I Know You Rider, Big River, Brokedown, WRS Prelude> WRS Part l> Let It Grow, Casey Jones
Set 2: Around, TLEO, Me & My Uncle, Don't Ease, Bobby McGee, Half Step, Playing> Uncle John> Playing, Row Jimmy, Greatest, NFA> GDTRFB> Saturday Night
Encore: None
Filler: The Weight
DSO is the premier Grateful Dead cover band. They play full show covers, meaning that they will play a replica of a previous Dead show, often adding filler at the end. They occasionally play an original setlist of Dead songs.

My dad treated me to this show and I ran into an old high school/Israel friend.

The highlights were the covers of covers "Bobby McGee" and "The Weight."

I also saw the world's most perfect ass in tight white sweats.

No comments:

Post a Comment