Tuesday, March 23, 2010

??/??/01 Jimmie's Chicken Shack @ SUNY Rockland Performing Arts Center, Suffern, NY


After the aforementioned No Doubt debacle at RCC, I believe this was the next rock concert allowed at the venue.

Jimmie's Chicken Shack first came to prominence with it's minor hit "High," which was popular around the same time as Marcy Playground's "Sex and Candy." Since I purchased both albums simultaneously, the two bands are forever linked in my head. I think they even did a tour togetehr fairly recently. That's neither here nor there.

The show was pretty good, highlighted by my personal favorite "Hell" and the poppier "Do Right."

I don't have the stub anymore, but it cautioned: "NO MASHING ALLOWED."

No Doubt must've really done a number on that place.

No comments:

Post a Comment