Friday, March 19, 2010

03/09/01 Soulfarm @ Lion's Den, New York, NY


This was another Soulfarm Purim party at a new locale that would become a new stomping grounds of sorts for me later on.

It was notable for the fact that it was my first time smoking weed. My friend had been pretty adamant in convincing me to give up my anti-drug stance for a while and she finally succeeded. I got so baked, I couldn't even finish the Mike's Hard Lemonade I had purchased to further inebriate myself.

The rest of the night was a blissful blur of all my stoner friends welcoming me to their ranks. I also recall the Drums segment of the show sounding especially poingant.

The girl I was crushing on at the time was there, giving me a little attention, but ultimately leaving me longing.

I ran into a rarely seen Kosher Chinese restaurant co-worker and we playfully argued whether she worked where I worked or vice versa. I didn't know it at the time, but it was the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

It was also my mom's birthday, which somehow makes perfect sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment