Thursday, April 22, 2010

04/22/05 Hydra (Particle + Mickey Hart) @ Roseland Ballroom, New York, NY




04/22/05 Roseland Balroom, New York NY
Set 1: Stellar Particles, Heart Of The Hydra, Wavemaker, Fire On The Mountain
Set 2: The Glow > Ed & Molly, Creature Of Comfort, We Are The Planet > Milestone >
We Are the Planet
Encore: Luminiferous Ether

Five years ago today, I celebrated Earth Day with yet another supergroup combining the livetronica forces of Particle with the world percussion of Rhythm Devil Mickey Hart.

Unfortunately, the sum was not greater than, or even equal to, its parts.

The highlight was a funky rendition of the Dead classic "Fire on the Mountain" and even that left me pining for its usual partner, "Scarlet Begonias."

I also saw notable Deadhead and oft-injured basketballer Bill Walton aka Big Red.

My friend was there handing out free condoms and information for the AIDS awareness organization LifeBeat, with which I would later volunteer.

Towards the end of the night, when she had finished her duties, we did a little dance and I regret not completing that lyric. I made the wrong choice of moving my car instead of piling into a taxi with her and her equally nubile lady friends.

Then I got shut out of a Phish cover band at the Lion's Den and failed to reconnect with her for the rest of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment