Monday, April 26, 2010

05/10/05 Club D'Elf @ Knitting Factory Tap Bar, New York, NY


Club D'Elf is the "Moroccan-dosed psychedelic dub jazz" project of Boston-based bassist Mike Rivard. It features a rotating cast of musicians and the likes of John Medeski, Marc Ribot and Skerik.

This is another one of those supremely talented jazzy funky jambands that never really got the props it deserved, highly respected by a select few, but never breaking through to the next level.

This show had them bringing their brand of world jazz to the cozy midlevel Tap Bar at the Knitting Factory. I don't remember much; the tunes were not up to par with recordings I had heard, but enjoyable nonetheless. I think I was expecting a sit-in by some famous NYC jam scenester taht never came.

1 comment:

  1. This was my first show in my modern era of concert going. I remember having driven into the city with my brother in under 20 minutes from rockaway beach (quite a feat, driving an avg speed of 80mph on the belt). I'm pretty sure I still have my ticket to this show.

    -boroparkbisco

    ReplyDelete