Monday, June 28, 2010

04/??/06 C Rayz Walz/Baba Israel and Yako @ Asterisk, Brooklyn, NY

C Rayz Walz is an underground rapper best known for his appearance on an episode of MTV's Made in which he was charged with transforming a nerdy white kid into a rapper.

Baba Israel and Yako are a rapper/bassist combo.

The venue was a DIY Brooklyn space that my good friend had painted for the event.

We were able to get in for free by saying we were part of the artist crew that had provided the graffiti for the event, which was half true anyways.

I saw the cute dready chick I had seen at Skatalites and Dropkick Murphys and finally worked up the courage to say hello. Was she following me? Probably not, because I never saw her again after that.

In the tiny, packed room where the music took place, I became infatuated with yet another dreaded hottie. Later, I reached out to her on Missed Connections, heard back from someone who may or may not have been the one, but couldn't successfully woo her via email.

No comments:

Post a Comment