Thursday, February 3, 2011

10/31/07 Phil Lesh & Friends @ Nokia Theatre, New York, NY

10/31/07 • Nokia Theatre • New York , NY
Set 1: Shakedown Street > Loose Lucy, Don't Let The Devil Take Your Mind1, Candyman, I Put A Spell on You1 > Story of the Ghost > Casey Jones
Set 2: The Pit and the Pendulum by Edgar Allen Poe, Cryptical Envelopment > Boris The Spider1 > Caution (Do Not Step On Tracks) > Voodoo Chile1 > The Other One > Cryptical Envelopment > New Speedway Boogie > Fire On The Mountain, Sympathy For The Devil1 > I Know You Rider
Encore: Donor Rap/Intros, Werewolves Of London
1 first time played
For all the emphasis placed on Halloween in the live music scene, this remains one of the only shows I've seen on that particular day. This kicked off an extended run by Phil Lesh's latest group of Friends in the heart of Times Square.

The setlist included numerous tunes referencing the appropriate spooky epherma of ghosts and devils and such. The second set opened with a spine-tingling jam while Phil read Poe.

I also caught one other show on this 9 night run, but I can't remember which one. However, I do remember seeing Mike Gordon in the balcony.

No comments:

Post a Comment