Monday, December 20, 2010

12/30/06 moe. @ Irving Plaza, New York, NY

Set 1: Meat, Captain America, Akimbo, Big World, Y.O.Y. > George
Set 2: Head > Kyle's Song, Crab Eyes, Dr. Graffenberg > Can't You Hear Me Knocking > Rebubula
Encore: Faker > Head
Somehow I had managed to avoid moe. until this point, despite my tastes tending towards the exact brand of jam rock they purvey. I liked them enough, but I never developed the obsession that the moe.rons have.

This was an intimate venue appetizer to the main course New Year's Eve extravaganza at the much larger Radio City Music Hall. I decided to avail myself of the perks of my volunteer work to catch the sold out show.

The music was enjoyable enough, if mostly forgettable, but the proceedings were overshadowed by the spectre of the mononucleosis with which I had recently been diagnosed. As a result of the disease, I was forced to abstain from drinking for a month, forgo any New Year's Eve celebrations and skip a non-refundable snowboard trip to Colorado in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment