Tuesday, December 21, 2010

02/09/07 PsyLab (Secret Night of Science) @ Love, New York, NY

I don't remember exactly what I was doing earlier this particular night, but I do know I almost skipped this event.

I went to check out the live electronic stylings of PsyLab, but I discovered one of the most unique venues in all of NYC.

The bare, cave-like interior possesses an incredible soundsystem and the small, packed dance floor recalled the warehouse raves of the past decade or so. In fact, the blacklit DayGlo decor seemed specifically designed to conjure up Peace Love Unity Respect if the club's name was not enough.

But what truly set this club apart was its lounge area featuring double decker couches, reminiscent of Fraggle Rock, tucked behind a waterfall, through which psychedelic images were projected.

How a place of this magnitude managed to elude me for so long was perplexing, and I extolled its virtues for several years. Sadly, the club would soon succumb to conventionality, which in turn led to its gradual demise.

No comments:

Post a Comment