Thursday, October 14, 2010

07/20/06 Umphrey's McGee/Galactic/Grace Potter & The Nocturnals @ Central Park SummerStage, New York, NY

Umphrey's Mcgee
Set 1: Glory, Wife Soup > Anchor Drops, Got Your Milk (Right Here), #5 > Ringo, Intentions Clear, Der Bluten Kat > Words > Der Bluten Kat, Plunger, Baba O'Riley
Encore: Partyin' Peeps
This was a last minute decision on a show that I probably should have skipped. My internship left me with little disposable income and I didn't know anyone going. But the allure of Galactic funk and UM improg had me searching craigslist for a ticket that afternoon.

I secured my ticket and went on to rage solo, ensuring I would be sliqhtly devoid of energy for the night cap.

The highlight was unquestionably Baba O'Riley. Anthemic fist-pumping rock under the summer sun. Perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment