Thursday, October 14, 2010

07/13/06 RatDog/String Cheese Incident @ Radio City Music Hall, New York, NY


Ratdog
Set 1: Jam > Shakedown Street > Help on the Way > Slipknot! > She Says, Weather Report Suite Prelude/Part 1 > Let It Grow, A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall@, Lazy River Road@ > Odessa > Book of Rules, Cassidy > Stuff1 > Dear Prudence > Two Djinn > Slipknot! > Franklin's Tower
E: Attics of My Life2
1with Michael Travis (Drums) Jeff/Jay/Kenny > Jeff/Jay/Kenny/Robin > Jeff/Jay/Kenny/Robin/Travis > all/Travis
2 a capella

String Cheese Incident
Set 1: Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues, Close Your Eyes, Birdland, Sirens, Water, Mouna Bowa > Eye Know Why, Cats, It Is What It Is, Can't Stop Now
Another Grateful Dead spin-off, another Klonopin haze.

I wasn't even planning on going. I was trying to find a companion for an event in Brooklyn that I believe may have been Yo La Tengo performing a live score to an avant garde French film.

After work, I went to my friend's place on the Upper East Side. This was the same friend who had supplied the Klonopin at the Phil & Friends show. Not wanting to go to Brooklyn by my lonesome, I finageled some pills and headed crosstown.

Walking by Radio City Music Hall, i noticed an abundance of hippies and I decided to try for a miracle.

Finger in the air, I found nothing for free, but I was offered a 7th row ticket for less than half face value.

I decided to spend my limited funds for my first taste of either band.

I caught String Cheese from my 7th row seat. They were pretty good.

I ran into an old hugh school buddy, so I spent Ratdog's set in the second balcony.

Neither band left much of a lasting impression.

No comments:

Post a Comment